The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 327 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 135 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Llanfair Bridge Inn, Bridge InnAddress/Location: OS Grid Ref:
before 1876 Closed:
Not on the 1871 Census, although Llanfair Bridge Shop (John Evans - next door) is.Notes:
"LLANFAIR-CLYDOGAU. SCHOOL BOARD. — The first meeting of this board was held at the Llanfair Bridge Inn, on Thursday the 10th ult., when the five recently elected members attended" AO 1 Jan 1876
2nd Dec DAVIES. November 10th, the wife of Mr Thomas Davies, Bridge Inn. Llanfairclydogau, of a son.
Thomas Davies 54, Innkeeper, wife Elizabeth 33
On 25 inch map
Petty Sessions: Lampeter; number on list: 20; name of premises: Llanfair Bridge; Parish / Place: Llanfairclydogau; Licensee: Davies, Thomas; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Trustees of the late W Jones, Glandenys, Lampeter; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
"TRANSFER OF LICENSE. The license of the Llanfair Bridge Inn, Llanfair-clydogau, was transferred from the late James Davies to his widow, Mrs. Margaret Davies. " Cmn Jnl 7 Oct 1910
Conscription Appeals: "Mr. Reginald Lloyd claimed that Benjamin Jones, blacksmith, Llanfair Bridge Inn, was in a certified occupation, and the necessary notice of objection had not been given by the military. The appeal was allowed and conditional exemption granted." CN 4 Aug 1916
Closed, Compensation £157
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)