The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 327 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 135 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Carpenters Arms, Llechryd
Other names: Address/Location: OS Grid Ref:
before 2017 Type:
2017: now Flambards Hotel and Tea-roomsNotes:
Mary Thomas, Wid, aged 33 Lic.
licensee: Mary Thomas (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
"THE NAVAL RESERVE. The members of the Naval Reserve, now training at the St. Dogmells battery, paraded this town, and from thence to Llechryd, on Wednesday last, under the command of Capt. Herod, Lieutenant Gillespie, and the drill-instructor. At the Carpenters' Arms, Llechryd, the men were supplied with a glass of beer each, at the expense of Lieutenant Gillespie, from whence they returned early in the afternoon." Cardigan Observer 2 Feb 1878
Licensee Griffith Thomas: "Griffith Thomas, Carpenters Arms, Llechrhyd, Inn-keeper for selling intoxicating liquors (beer) to John M. Thomas at 12 35 a.m. 21st ult., was fined 10s. and costs." Carm Jnl 13 May 1892
Petty Sessions: Lower Troedyraur; number on list: 3; name of premises: Carpenters' Arms; Parish / Place: Llechryd; Licensee: Phillips, John (dead); owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Swansea Old Brewery; free or tied: tied; tied to: Swansea Old Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)Additional information