The database currently contains details of 987 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 206 people. There are also 304 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 651 newspaper articles, 249 maps and 104 documents. About 138 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Lisburne Arms, Pontrhydygroes
Other names: Address/Location: OS Grid Ref:
Also described as being in Ysbyty Ystwyth.Notes:
Owner, 1890-1892: David Roberts, The Green, Trefechan (Brewer)
Licensee 1889: John Jenkins
Licensee 1889-1892 Sarah Ann Davies
Transferred to Tregaron Petty Sessional Division, 1892
Register of Licences, Ilar Hundred, 1889-1924 with additions to 1952, Ceredigion Archives, TPS/LLI/1/7
Drunken Italian Miners - see att.
"The Lisburne Arms, also has not the necessary urinal accommodation, and customers are obliged to come out to the front and to the pine end for private purposes; and as that spot is so exposed, several complaints have recently been made to the Police about it" Chief Constables report, WGWWA 30 Aug 1900
Petty Sessions: Tregaron; number on list: 17; name of premises: Lisburne Arms ; Parish / Place: Ysbyty Ystwyth; Licensee: Messer, John; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : City Brewery, Litchfield; free or tied: tied; tied to: City Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Closed, Compensation £100
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)