The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 327 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 135 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Three Horse Shoe, Llangeitho
Other names: Gwesty'r Tair Pedol, Three Horse ShoesAddress/Location: OS Grid Ref:
open 2017 Type:
"P.C. David Morgans charged Edward Jenkins, of the Rose Inn, David Timothy, of Plas, and Rees Rees, of the Three Horse- Shoe Inn, all of the village of Llangeitho, innkeepers, with having on Sunday, the 3rd instant, kept their houses open during prohibited hours for the sale of drink. Fined 5s. and 7s. 6d. costs each, which were paid" Aber Obs 30 Jan 1864
licensee: Rees Rees (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Mr John Davies, Three Horse Shoe, asst. secretary of the Llangeitho Friendly Society. CN 14 Jan 1887
Petty Sessions: Tregaron; number on list: 25; name of premises: Three Horse Shoes; Parish / Place: Llangeitho; Licensee: Williams, John; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : David Evans, Caegwyn, Llangeitho; free or tied: tied; tied to: Aberystwyth Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
This inn and an adjoining coach house and field were among the many freehold properties owned by David Roberts and Sons, 31.3.1926
NLW, Roberts and Evans, David Roberts of Trefechan; CB7/7
Open as Gwesty'r Tair Pedol