The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 327 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 135 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Miners Arms, Goginan
Other names: Address/Location: OS Grid Ref:
SN6885481101 probably Opened:
Seems to have been a few doors West from Druid Inn on 1901 CensusNotes:
licensee: John Evans (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Seven day's licence granted to John Evans.
Llanbadarn Fawr Petty Sessions, The Cambrian News and Merionethshire Standard, 1st September 1882
"EXTENSION OF TIME. David Evans, of the Druid Inn, and Wm. Jones, of the Miners' Arms, both of Goginan, applied for an hour's extension on Christmas Day, when an eisteddfod will be held at the place. Granted. " AO 6 Dec 1900
William Jones, 33, Lead Miner and Innkeeper
Susannah 32 wife
Petty Sessions: Llanbadarn Fawr; number on list: 13; name of premises: Miners' Arms; Parish / Place: Goginan; Licensee: Jones, William; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : City Brewery, Litchfield; free or tied: tied; tied to: City Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Closed, Compensation £143
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)